Please welcome guest author Raine Delight to the blog. She’s here today talking about magic…a theme which presents itself in various ways throughout many of her books. Be sure to make her feel welcome by leaving your questions and comments for her in the comments section following the blog. (It is not necessary to be registered or logged in to leave a comment.)
Magic in books
By Raine Delight
I love magic. I don’t mean the sparkly, tinkerbell kind…the ones I am talking about are when two people meet and find they have a lot in common besides lust. I mean that instant connection, yes that “love at first sight” sort of thing and I adore reading about it. Does it happen in real life? Sure to some people but most of the time, it’s kiss a lot of frogs to find that prince charming.
In my Devon Falls series, I write stories where fate, destiny, what ever you call it helps two people find their soul mates. It’s the prevalent theme in the first five books. Magic is in some form throughout and not all the stories are about love at first sight either. I have a couple in Fiery Magic who find that love can be sweeter the second time around, this time wiser and have a few life lessons under their belt.
Magic is all around us and I find the books I read lately have some form of it, regardless if it’s “love/lust at first sight’ or friendship turning to love. With romance, magic is all that is needed in a book and I can’t wait to create more of it in my stories.
Devon Falls Books
1) Sticky Magic-A chance meeting at a sweet shop…Can it be love?
2) Red Hot Magic-Can a cynical woman find the man of her dreams in real life this Valentine’s Day?
3) Fiery Magic-A dragon shifter returns to Devon Falls to woo back his mate amid secrets from the past.
4) Haunting Magic- A wolf shifter finds that falling in love is not the only problem he has. Can he convince Jaxon that his love is true?
5) Moonlight & Magic- Can a were-tiger convince one stubborn woman that she is his for all time and show her that falling in love is just as sinful as a chocolate kiss?
Raine Delight is a pseudonym of a self professed book lover and after one too many TSTL characters, decided to see if she could write something a little better. Well many drafts later, Devon Falls series came to together. Check out my book pages to see what is going on with me. My muse is a male nut who likes to leave me to go sip mai tais on the beach and leave me foundering for words; though eventually he takes pity on me and gets my words flowing and characters start settling down.
Personal notes: I live with my own boytoy and two kids. I love Johnny Depp movies and enjoy hiking, reading and watching movies with my family.
You can find Raine at:
Secret Cravings Author Page: http://tinyurl.com/7ws3e33