Please welcome today’s guest author, Misty Dietz. She’s here today to answer all your questions about Come Hell or High Desire. She’s also sharing the top ten things readers would be surprised to know about her – and she’s asking you to share surprising things about yourself. She’s got some great goodies to give away too. Read on to learn about those.
About Come Hell or High Desire
Framed for a series of brutal murders, rebel-turned-CEO Zack Goldman must go to ground. When he discovers that sexy boutique owner Sloane Swift has a shocking gift—terrifying visions that connect her to his mentor’s missing daughter—he can’t believe her refusal to help him. Nor can he believe he’s actually falling for the frustrating woman.
Their chemistry will either find its perfect equation…
Helping an accused killer ranks low on Sloane’s to-do list, no matter how hot the attraction burns between them. But putting to rest her overwhelming guilt over the missing girl’s fate proves more difficult than she ever imagined…that is, until her heart and conscience begin to align.
…or detonate everything in its path.
As the real killer locks in on Sloane, Zack will stop at nothing to keep her safe. And as they earn each other’s trust—with danger in hot pursuit—they may just lose their hearts in the process…
Her fingernails suddenly raked at her skull. “Lord! I almost forgot. We have to go back to Ann’s. She has a diary!”
He swerved into an empty parking lot and swiveled to face her, blood pounding in his ears. “What are you talking about?”
“Ann keeps a diary. We have to find it.”
“You’re just telling me this now? You should have goddamn said something right away!”
“Don’t you dare curse at me like that, you seismic jackass!”
He had to get out. He flung the truck door open and strode onto the cracked asphalt. Her door slammed shut moments later, and within seconds she was wagging a finger in his face. “And don’t you walk away from me, either!”
“Then don’t be such a damn shrew.”
Color flooded over her cheekbones seconds before she punched him in the gut. Hard. An ancient fire lit up his nerve circuits and adrenaline had him widening his stance. His heart gunned.
His groin tightened.
And she was still shrill.
“I’m not a shrew! How am I supposed to act in a situation like this? You think I’m enjoying this? I hate it! But unfortunately I have a conscience which would haunt me for the rest of my life if I don’t follow this through until we have some answers. You came to me and wanted to rule out the church first. Then with everything that happened, I forgot about the diary until right now. That clear enough for you, you—”
Clear enough, honey.
He vised her head between his palms and kissed her. He hadn’t meant to, but the moment her mouth opened to his, he was lost. Not breaking contact with her mouth, he wrapped one arm around her, his hand splaying across her ass, locking her hips against him. Her hands were in his hair, her hips grinding, driving him crazy. They feasted on each other’s mouth, tongues dueling, daring, seeking. He felt her fingers between their bodies, slipping underneath the waistband of his jeans, pulling at the hem of his shirt. Her fingernail scraped his abs and he groaned. She leaned away from his mouth, her eyes dead sexy. Liquid brown. He was gonna—
A car horn blew, jerking him back to life. Back to the parking lot. He looked over to see a man in a black minivan at a stoplight giving them the thumbs up. He honked twice more, waved, and drove on.
Sloane burst into a fit of laughter that quickly dissolved into tears.
And that clinched it. He’d woken up this morning in some creepy-assed Twilight Zone.
Misty Dietz In Her Own Words…The Top 10 Things Readers Would Be Surprised To Learn About Her
I’m a Train Wreck
AKA: Top 10 Things Readers Would Be Surprised to Know About Me
by Misty Dietz
Hey, Black Velvet peeps, I’m so thrilled to be here today! When thinking about a blog topic for you guys, I asked myself, what exactly is seduction? Well, it’s the act of being enticed. So what might entice you savvy readers to spend a little time with me, a lowly debut author you don’t know from freakin’ Adam?
SECRETS, I tell you! MY TMI! Because what’s better than reading about someone else’s dysfunctional life so you can feel better about yourself, right?! I mean, come on, why else has reality TV become a staple in our lives?
Okay, before I chicken out, let’s roll:
- Before I write a sex scene, I crank up the music and dance for a while. Yes. By myself. It gets my blood flowing (snicker!) and that puts me in the purrrr-fect state of mind.
- I cry easily. I laugh even easier. I pretty much wear my emotions on my sleeve. My kids sometimes hate me for this.
- I am self-conscious about my smile. I trace it back to the 3rd grade when the class bully threw a grasshopper at me at the city pool and I slipped and cracked my front tooth. You people have no idea all the shit that’s been done to my poor mouth. (sorry if that’s TMI!)
- I agonize over character names. In COME HELL OR HIGH DESIRE, one of my characters shared a name with someone in my family. When she started going through a rough time, I changed my character’s name in the eleventh hour because I killed that character off. I didn’t want that to symbolize anything bad for my relative.
- I’ve been boy crazy since First Grade. I remember every single boy I’ve ever crushed on or dated, but I couldn’t be more happily married. I kissed a few frogs to find him. He was totally worth it!
- I don’t drink coffee. Not ever. Not even the frou-frou shit at the expensive shops. Just the smell grosses me out.
- I can read a map like a boss. And I like to drive. I usually don’t do them simultaneously. Luckily now I don’t need to. Yo, what did we do before our smart phones?
- I love—absolutely LOVE—jumping on our trampoline with my kids. But I’ve learned (the hard way) that I need to try to pee before I even clamber up there. If you’ve had a vaginal birth (or 2 or 6), you know what the hell I’m talking about. (Dude, where are my Ben Wa balls?!)
- My husband is not embarrassed that his wife writes “smut.” He willingly tells people he’s my “research assistant.” LOL
- I’m afraid of heights. I let my kids talk me into riding a Ferris wheel—a goddang FERRIS WHEEL, for cripes sake—and I was a hot mess. I white knuckled the bar over my lap, and when my kids would lean down to look below us I swear my stomach dropped to my toes and then flew back up into my throat. “Don’t. Freakin’. MOVE!”
Now it’s your turn: What is something other people are always surprised to find out about you? There is no such thing as TMI with me, so do share, guys!!
At the end of my blog tour we’ll be drawing the name of two commenters from all of the blogs to gift not one, but two fantastic prize winners. See below for details, and thanks for being here! xo, misty
More About Misty Dietz
Misty’s love affair with words started in middle school when she penned dark stories set in exotic locales she knew nothing about. In college, her boy-angst spilled over into disturbing reams of poetry. After grad school, real life hit, and the writing went into hibernation until she found her own happily-ever-after with an ultra linear man who is the long-suffering counter-balance to her zig-zagging tendencies. Now, she spends her days writing emotionally complex, adrenaline-fueled stories, teaching Zumba, and praying her children don’t come home with math homework.
Buy Come Hell or High Desire
11 Responses to Misty Dietz Shares The Top 10 Things Readers Would Be Surprised To Know About Her + Giveaway
Hit Counter provided by Skylight